Friendswood United Methodist Church
Sharing the life-changing power of Christ everywhere, and every day.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

We started on our journey today. We began out study on the book of Philippians in the Interfaith Chapel at the airport and then shared Holy Communion. I brought the bread for communion with me to the airport. However, I was not allowed to bring grape juice through security. So once I got through security I was on a mission to find grape juice. I found out that the small convenience store did not carry grape juice. Next, I went to the bar - only to ask for grape juice.😊 One of the workers said they did not have any grape juice. I asked her where I could try next and explained that I was with a mission group and we wanted to celebrate Holy Communion before we left on our trip. She pointed her finger at me and told me to wait a minute. She went around to another group of workers and asked for their help. One of the ladies asked if 6 oz would be enough. I told that would be plenty. She told me to wait and she took off to the end of the concourse and finally returned with a small can of grape juice in hand. I asked her how much I owed her and she said I didn't owe her anything. Our first gift on our journey was a can of grape juice for communion. I saw the face of Christ in this women. Our flight from Houston to Doha was over 15 hours. We were all ready to get off of the plane to begin our 5 hour layover before leaving for Nairobi, Kenya - another 5 hour flight. Jerry Hamon began our time at the airport with a devotion and Steve and Vicki Freeman gave us instructions about getting all of our supplies through customs when we land. The team has already bonded and we are eager to see how God will use us. Holy Spirit, come to us! Blessings! Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment