Friendswood United Methodist Church
Sharing the life-changing power of Christ everywhere, and every day.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

What an exciting day we had at church! The Spirit Ringers and Singers presented the message in music in all three worship services as they prepared to leave on their choir tour this afternoon. 43 youth and their leaders will share their musical talents and their love of God with many as they travel to Colorado.

Rev. Jim Bass welcomed the incoming UM Army who will be serving many area residents. Over 100 youth and adults will be housed in our church as they do construction work, yard work and much more to help those in need.

The Alaska Mission Team and the Kenya Mission Team were both commissioned in the 11:05 worship service. The Alaska Team leaves on Saturday, June 16 and the Kenya Mission Team, which I am a part of, will be leaving on Wednesday, June 13. The worship services were filled with the Holy Spirit today as we celebrated the opportunities to go forth and share the love of the Lord with so many people - from our local community to the the other side of the world.

I still have a lot to do before I leave for the airport on Wednesday. I can no longer put off my packing. I have everything laid out that I plan to take and I know there is no way it will all fit in my duffle bag and backpack. So... what will make the final cut? Tough decisions will have to be made!

Thanks to Nancy Slade, my hiking boots are not as ugly as they started out to be. She 'blinged' them for me today at church and they look so much better with the charms she added. Everyone should have crosses on their hiking boots! Some people have crosses hanging from the rear view mirrors of their cars. Since we will be walking alot in Kenya - I will be proud to have crosses on my boots.

This afternoon I had to take care of another thing that I had been putting off. I had the bright red polish removed from my finger nails and had my nails cut short. I've heard that constuction work and long nails aren't a good combination.

Please keep me and all of the other team members in your prayers. I don't know what I am getting in to by going on this mission trip but I am ready to 'Step Up' and go where the Spirit leads me.

Blessings!
Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment