Friendswood United Methodist Church
Sharing the life-changing power of Christ everywhere, and every day.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Today was a day of goodbyes. It's hard to leave all of our new friends and our new extended family. We had VBS today and had a wonderful time. The Spirit of the Lord was truely present among us. So many precious children came - we think around 250. Mary Arnold led the team as we ministered to and loved all who attended. Tonight we are packing up - which is a BIG challenge - as we prepare to leave in the morning for our safari. I'm excited about the opportunity to see the land and the animals. My heart is torn thinking I should stay here and do more. On the other hand I am eager to come home and see my family and friends, get my teeth cleaned - there's so much dust here, get my nails done and take a long, hot, shower. I have so much to tell everyone when I get home. Just let me know when you are tired of hearing about my adventure! Now to the packing - I pray I can get everything in my duffle bag. I have been trying to stimulate the economy by shopping in the local shops near the hotel. Blessings, Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment