Friendswood United Methodist Church
Sharing the life-changing power of Christ everywhere, and every day.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

There's No Place Like Home!

We arrived back in Houston Sunday evening. The team is tired but thankful for the many opportunities we have had to share the love of God.  It will take a while to process all that we have experienced from this mission trip.

Participating in an international mission trip is not possible without the support of many. Thank you to Steve and Vicki Freeman for organizing and leading this trip. Thank you to everyone who  donated to this trip - from financial gifts to baby hats. Thank you to  the church staff and members who filled in for me while I was away - Pat, Anita, the Pastoral Staff, the Pastoral Care Team, Pastor Mark and many others I may never know about. Thank you to Diane Taylor for keeping the blog up to date. Thank you to everyone who prayed for us while we were away - especially Mary Arnold (who we missed dearly on this trip) and my prayer partner Marilyn Cunningham. And thank you to my husband Terry who supports me in so many ways.

My hiking boots have been cleaned and packed away. I am eager to see what God has planned next for me. Time to go - and see what awaits me at the church.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment